Monday, June 1, 2009

on the road...

we are at the hotel in bowling green kentucky (i just had to ask erin where we were, i really had NO idea)...

my favorite quote of the day... said by pam cooke was "i love people who can sing. i mean i love all people but i really love people who can sing." nice. too bad i can't sing. if only she really loved people who can blog...

and take photos. which i did and am trying to upload. let me assure you there are some CUTE photos and even if they aren't uploaded you are going to have to take it on faith that they are CUTE... ooh, and i did upload them and they are in the post under this. but don't stop reading...

good travel day. we played some fun bus games and the boys FORCED us all to watch a pokemom movie and it made me want to POKEmon my eyes out. really, that movie was the low point of my day.

but seeing the youth lead worship at the nursing home tonight was the highlight. i sat with a 98 year old man (hope you are reading the blog leroy) and he just LOVED the kids singing and the message that they brought and i hope he thought i was really cool too.

of course after the service, michael mcquire came up to me and asked me if i liked the show and how long i had been living at the nursing home.... funny michael and just know it will be a long week and revenge is a dish best served cold.

okay that is all i can write tonight because we have an EARLY morning wake up call. like 5 a.m. which is painful for me to type. but not as painful as the pokemon movie... well, it might be....

tomorrow on to chicago. hope chicago is ready for us...

2 comments:

  1. Lea -- You CAN sing! You sang a one line solo in a Christmas musical at church. It must have been around 1983 or 84. I remember it distinctly because I was a shepherd and my mom made me wear a bathrobe for a costume. It scarred me for life and I remember a lot about that musical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lea - welcome to my world! You have my permission to get him when he least expects it!

    ReplyDelete